OUR PRINCESS KARLY

This blog was created for our beautiful daughter Karly, who we adopted from Guatemala at 10 months old on 03/06/08. Thank you all for your love, prayers & support, we really appreciate it!
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

February 26, 2008

WE ARE PINK!!!! We finally know when we are going to get our little girl and when she'll be home forever! We're so excited!!! We leave in 6 DAYS!!! And I haven't packed a thing yet! We leave on Monday March 3rd early in the morning, and Karly will be brought to us later that day. Then our Embassy appointment is on Tues. March 4th at 7:15am. The next day our attorney will pick up Karly's VISA and we will fly home early on Thursday March 6th. We are still in shock!

The reason we got a faster appointment date is because I became concerned about Karly's one eye in the last couple sets of update pictures. It seemed to be turning in more than the other eye. I took her photos to a Pediatric eye dr and then to our Pediatrician and they both wrote letters yesterday stating that she should come home ASAP to be checked out. They don't really think it's anything major, but they want her to be checked out. It could be a "lazy eye" type thing, and maybe she'll wear a patch for awhile, but she'll fit right in here with Luke and his eye winking disorder! LOL!

Well, I have a ton of things to do and I still can't think straight, so goodbye for now!

3 comments:

Erika, Bob and Roxie said...

So excited for you and your family! This is wonderful news!
Erika

Stacie said...

Great news! Have a great trip picking up your little girl!

Stacie
Waiting for Danilo & Maysa

Stacey and Dewey said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Finally things are moving!! I can't believe you are leaving in LESS THEN A WEEK. How amazing and wonderful is that?? I can't wait to see pics!!!
Best wishes!!!
Stacey

Adoption Timeline

Karly born: 04/26/07
Accepted Referral: 05/16/07
DNA taken: 07/02/07
DNA results: 07/14/07
FC: Not sure of dates, but SW interview was on 7/24/07
Pre-Approval: 09/03/07
Held up for 6 weeks from entering PGN because a Judge wouldn't release our social worker report!
Enter PGN: 10/23/07
Kicked out of PGN: 11/15/07
Resubmitted to PGN: 11/28/07
Out of PGN: 01/24/08 Actually approved on 1/22
New Birth Certificate from Antigua: 02/04/08

Passport:02/05/08
Orange:02/12/08
2nd DNA test taken: 02/15/08

DNA results received at Embassy: 02/25
PINK slip from Embassy stating when our appointment is to pick up Karly's VISA (sent via email): 02/26
Travel date: 03/03

Embassy appt: 03/04 at 7:15am!!
Home forever: 03/06!!!

About Me

Pennsylvania, United States
I am married to the love of my life, Rick and I am mommy to 2 boys, Drew (7) and Luke (3), and 1 girl, Karly (1 1/2). Drew (4/25/01)is our biological son and he is in 2nd grade. He's such a smart, handsome boy! We adopted Luke (9/12/05) from Harrisburg, PA in 2005 and we brought him home when he was 2 days old! He is always making us laugh! We adopted Karly from Guatemala and she came home on 3/6/08. She is our little princess. I am also mommy to my 2 angel babies in Heaven, Blake (12/26/03)& Gabriella (10/10-10/13/04) who were so small, so sweet and taken all too soon. I run an infant loss support group once a month and I volunteer at a grief center for children.
YOU

All babies are a gift, some are even surprises.

But YOU, my adopted child are a treasure!

YOU were not only planned and prepared for;

YOU were a journey we took, a mission we had our hearts on, a treasure so precious!

YOU were worth the wait, worth the tears, worth all the fears we faced.

Because YOU, our adopted child are a treasure!

Not of my flesh,
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart,
But in it!